Adult Sunday School Childcare will be provided for all adults with young children that will need it.
- Contemporary Issues Class meets in the Parlor at 8:30 a.m. (Nursery opens at 8:30 in the Comfort Room off of Knox Hall) Debbie Engle is our Nursery Attendant. Leaders are Cynthia Quetsch and Jim McAdams
- The Grace of Les Miserables will start on April 16 (After Easter)
- Calvin Class meets weekly at 10:30 a.m. in the McAfee Room for Sunday Bible Learning for adults of all ages. Calvin Class is lead by Tom Holt, Mary Clark, and Vicki Schildmeyer.
- Sunday Afternoon Lenten study group will be studying Luke: Jesus and the Outsiders, Outcasts, and Outlaws at Jim & Marilyn Hofmann’s house at 4pm on Sunday’s at 2916 RR J Jefferson City, MO 65101 led by Susan Sanker.
- Chapel Class: Leader: Brenda Waters @10:30am in the Chapel
Adult Contemporary Class
This class, led by Jim McAdams, meets at 8:30 a.m. during the school year in the Parlor (map). Discussion focuses on the current events of the day drawn from the newspaper or social media. The class reads the relevant article, explores the faith implications, and shares insights and observations from a Christian and faith perspective. There is no homework and plenty of lively discussions.
During our weekly time together, each person can safely share personal concerns, hopes, questions, and even doubts. Over the years, we’ve found encouragement, friendship, and prayer support for our daily lives as we journey together – as part of the Body of Christ at First Presbyterian. Join us for a lively discussion centered on the Bible – with plenty of laughter, some common sense, and usually a hymn, along with an abundance of kindness!
A typical format is to start by reading a short scripture passage from The Present Word, a PCUSA adult curriculum, and conclude with a unison prayer. In between, our discussion takes us through a wide range of topics – those raised by class participants – and includes our responses to writings by different Reformed Bible scholars. A recurring theme is: How can each of us grow in our faith and commitment as Christian disciples.
It’s worthwhile to come each week, but the written curriculum makes it easy to pick up whenever you can attend. Together we seek to become fellow disciples, united in our diversity (various ages, races, genders & cultural/language backgrounds) for ministry & mission through First Presbyterian Church, Jefferson City.
The Calvin Bible class meets each Sunday to share discussion and prayer around Scripture. Our desire is to be a caring & mutually supportive fellowship. Come and see for yourself: We’re an inclusive class with participants of all ages, stages, genders, and levels of Bible knowledge.
Class gathers each Sunday at 10:30 am in the McAfee Room (map) on the main floor of the church building – through the Chapel, beyond the Sanctuary. The study is led by Mary Clark, Tom Holt, and Vicki Schildmeyer.
This class meets in the Chapel (map) at 10:30 a.m. during the school year. Brenda Waters is the leader of this class.
For more information, contact LeAnne Gottschalk at firstname.lastname@example.org.