Christmas Season Services
Christmas is a busy time. But, it is also a sacred time. At First Presbyterian, we have many traditions to help us remember that Jesus Christ came into the world to offer us hope and peace and joy and love.
2019 Advent Schedule
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, 6 p.m. - Advent Vespers
- Friday, Dec. 6, 6 to 9 p.m. - Live nativity scene with animals outside. Inside: music performances by individuals and groups in sanctuary; and nativity scenes from around the world, cookies and hot cider.
- Wednesday, Dec. 11, 6 p.m. - Advent Vespers
- Friday, Dec. 13, 4 to 6 p.m. - Stuff Santa's Sleigh Diaper Drive
- Sunday, Dec. 15, 9:30 a.m. - Children's Christmas performance
- Tuesday, Dec. 17, 6 p.m. - K-Plus Christmas Pageant
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Open House hosted by pastors and staff. Stop in for appetizers, desserts and refreshments.
- Wednesday, Dec. 18, 6 p.m. - Advent Vespers Music Night featuring instrumental performances and music by the Chancel Choir under the direction of Dr. Natasia Sexton
- Friday, Dec. 20, 11 a.m. - Preschool Christmas Pageant
- Tuesday, Dec. 24, 5 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. - Christmas Eve Evening Services
- Through a Daily Devotion Guide members of our congregation share their heartfelt stories of faith.
- Our members participate in services by reading scripture, leading us in prayer and lighting Advent candles that represent the light of Jesus Christ coming into our world.
- Our Advent Vespers Music Music night (Dec. 18 at 6 p.m.) is an season highlight led by our choir.
- Each of our children’s programs (Sunday School, Preschool, and K Plus share their talents in annual Christmas performances.
- Our congregation also participates in the Downtown Jefferson City Living Windows on December 6, 2019, with a live nativity (complete with animals) outside. Inside we share seasonal displays, hot cider and fresh baked cookies and a booth of Fair Trade items.
Each Wednesday in Advent at 6 p.m. we hold an Advent Vesper Communion service. It provides a weekly sacred and calm space for each of us to prepare for the Christ child.
Christmas Eve Services
Christmas Eve Candlelight Communion services are held at 5, 7:30 and 11 p.m.
Come and be part of the Advent and Christmas celebration at First Presbyterian!